Permanent Makeup Pre-Care Procedures
The right pre-care can truly make a huge difference in results. To help ensure the best results possible, we’re outlining the lessons we’ve learned and are providing you a formula to help you get the best outcome.
Please follow these pre-care recommendations to ensure the best results for your procedure.
To get your skin ready for the procedure:
• Do not pick, tweeze, wax, or have electrolysis done one week before an eyebrow procedure
• Do not use any brow serums or Latisse for 8 weeks before an eyebrow procedure
• Do not wax or tint your eyebrows one week before an eyebrow procedure
• If you are getting eyeliner done, do not wear contact lenses to the procedure
• For 30 days prior to an eyeliner procedure, do not use any oil-based eye makeup remover.
Use only oil-free removal products
• Eyelash extensions must be removed prior to eyeliner procedures
• Do not have any type of laser work 8 weeks prior
• Do not have any type of facial or peel 4 weeks prior
• Discontinue all Vitamin A and Retinol products 30 days prior
• Do not have Botox done 3 weeks prior
• Do not tan 2 weeks prior, or have a recently sunburned face
• Do not work out on the day of the procedure
In order to avoid excessive bleeding or poor color deposit:
• Do not drink alcohol 24–48 hours before your procedure
• Do not drink coffee or tea immediately before your procedure
• Do not take any aspirin or ibuprofen (blood thinners) 24 hours before
• Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E (natural blood thinners) 10 days prior
You cannot be pregnant or nursing, and it is strongly advised that a woman not be menstruating at the scheduled time of the procedure. It could make you more sensitive to discomfort during your procedure, and the pigment does not retain its color nearly as well during menstruation. This applies to all permanent makeup procedures.